Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Gym Rat

Ok, so in an effort to get fit, I joined a gym. Not just any gym. I joined Lifetime Fitness. Super nice! Brett had already joined last month and has been diligently working out. He decides to get fit about 2 months prior to his Military fitness test every year then promptly slacks off as soon as he passes. I joined a week ago and have been at the gym for some reason or other every day since. I am even working out too! Feels great...kinda. The first thing I did was go to a cardio kickboxing. Never let anyone tell you that you don't need coordination for this class. Have I mentioned that I am fish belly white. I was sure this would be the perfect class for me since I had actually been really into kickboxing when I lived in San Antonio...the cardio is where I had the problem. I finished the class with the instructor yelling "your other left" in my general direction only once. I will count that as a success. AND I will make this class my Thursday night routine. Friday night was a "Dive in Movie". No real exercise there but a good time for Chloe and Mommy. Saturday was massage day...yay...kinda. Apparently my neck is "a disaster" and she worked it really hard. Felt good at the time but was really sore the next day. Sunday was meet personal trainer day. Monday 60 minutes on the bike (this translates into "bike seat makes me say ouchie". So tonight my hour was spent with the LifeStep. While I was stepping away Chloe was taking a rock climbing class. LOVED IT. That child definately does not get her athleticism from me.

1 comment:

Tiff and Feras said...

I'm trying to get to the gym so when May rolls around you aren't dragging me through San Francisco!